CBeebies have released a fantastic video of tips to keep your child safe when uploading photos of children to social media.
We all use social media and love to share images of our children so friends and family can see them, especially if you have friends and family who live far away. However social media can be a confusing place when it comes to privacy and who has access to your images.
A few things we are also wary of when posting images;
- Avoiding using first or last names of a child when posting images
- Not tagging any current locations of a child
- removing geo location from images before uploading
- We never share school uniform photos where school logo is visible
- We always ask permission from parents before uploading images
- Make sure you run through your privacy settings
Comment below if you have any other tips for keeping children safe when uploading photos online.